What is a Residents’ Association?
It’s a group of residents who represent the interests of everyone living in a particular area. Residents’ Associations are open to tenants and leaseholders in a neighbourhood. It’s a great opportunity for people to have a say in how things are run.
Residents’ Associations help people work together to solve problems and unite communities. They can be a way of getting to know your neighbours, a chance to share ideas, organise social events and talk about decisions relating to your home and neighbourhood. Remember: a combined voice is far stronger than a lone voice!
There are many reasons or aims for setting up a Residents’ Associations. Talk to people to find out what they think and what issues might unite everyone as a group.
- Improving services in your area
- Improving communications with Ocean
- Traffic problems
- Loss of local amenities/facilities
- Play facilities
- Social events
- Encouraging Neighbourliness
- Anti-social behaviour
Ocean can help
We will give you all the support you need to get your Residents’ Associations up and running and to keep the momentum going.
We can offer:
- Advice on managing a Residents’ Association.
- Advice on holding meetings.
- Advice on consulting and informing residents (allowing for difference of opinion).
- Help with organising social events.
- Help with design and production of newsletters, leaflets, posters etc.
- Expenses to attend training courses that will help you run the association.