The Tenant & Resident Panel was established in 1999 to get you, our customers, more involved in Ocean’s policy decisions, procedures, and strategies.
- Reviews the performance of our services and the decisions affecting tenants.
- Monitors service standards targets.
- Identifies areas that Ocean are doing well in, and areas that could be improved.
- Enlists the help of Ocean’s Scrutiny Panel to look into services in greater depth.
As a Tenants Panel we will monitor, scrutinise and challenge as necessary all aspects of Ocean:
- to ensure standards are maintained with efficiency and Value for Money
- to instigate scrutiny reviews and working procedures, through the Scrutiny Panel, then discuss findings and forward reports to Ocean.
The role of a panel member is varied. Meetings are a chance to offer your knowledge and insights; discussing and advising on housing and localised issues. Therefore, as a group, you are acting as both consultants and decision-makers.
Meetings are held every month and last for at least an hour.
The Panel also has ownership of the Treasure Chest initiative, granting communities and neighbourhoods much needed funding for their own events.
If you would like to get involved, or would like some more information, please contact the Tenant Involvement Team.