Ocean’s responsibilities, of what we will repair, broadly cover the structure and outside of your home, plus services such as plumbing, electric and heating systems (unless installed by tenant).
What we will repair:
- The roof
- Chimneys, chimney stacks and flues
- Blocked waste pipes, toilets, drains
- Gutters and outside gullies
- Outside walls, doors, windows and frames including mechanisms (due to reasonable wear & tear)
- Paths and steps, walls, fences and gates if provided by Ocean
- Garages and parking spaces
- Inside walls, floors, ceilings, stairs, doors and frames
- Basins, sinks, baths, showers, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes
- Fixed electrical wiring, sockets and switches (unless installed by tenant)
- Gas and water pipes
- Water heaters, fireplaces, fitted fires and central heating
- Worktops fitted cabinets and cupboards
Most jobs are done by our own work force but we do sometimes use sub-contractors particularly when we are very busy. Our workers wear a uniform and carry an identity card with their photograph on it. Sub-contractors should have some form of authorisation from Ocean Housing with them as well as identity cards.