Emergency – If you or your family are in immediate danger, always call 999 and ask for police.
Harassment is behaviour which results in people feeling uncomfortable or unsafe. Ocean takes it seriously and deals with incidents swiftly and sympathetically.
Ocean understands it may be difficult to talk about it but please contact us as soon as you can.
Our staff are experienced and trained to help you resolve it.
Any conversation will be treated in a caring, non-judgemental way and with confidentiality.
Tel 01726 874450
Send an email
Contact Adult Social Care
Out of hours
What is harassment?
It is a personal and deliberate act against someone such as:
- Verbal abuse
- Threats (in person, letters, phone calls, internet)
- Rubbish dumping
How Ocean helps
We understand how much suffering it can cause. To resolve your case, we will take you through the process step by step:
- Book a private appointment
- Look at the facts
- Discuss your options
- Liaise with the Police (if they are involved)
- Agree an action plan
- Organise specialist advice and support
Options for Action
Each case is different and your action plan will be carefully thought through.
- Working with partnering agencies such as Police, Environmental Health, Children’s Services and Adult Health and Wellbeing etc.
- Mediation – issues can sometimes be resolved simply by talking.
- Warnings – official letters and visits from us and other agencies.
- Extra security
- Injunctions – legal action to stop them coming near your home.