Ocean Housing are pleased to offer for sale this 2 bedroom mid-terraced home on the popular development ‘Parade Square’ in Bodmin.
This home is less than two years old and still has 8 years left of the Premier Warranty.
On entering the property from the front you will find a small entrance hallway with stairs off and entrance to the open plan lounge kitchen diner. The lounge has been finished in neutral colours and pale grey carpet. The lounge also features a large storage cupboard. The kitchen diner has wood colour vinyl flooring and the current owners have added a breakfast bar to the dining area. The kitchen comprises cream gloss base and wall units with a wood effect finish work surface. Off the kitchen you will find a door to the garden through which the parking can also be accessed. Also off the kitchen you will find a downstairs cloakroom with low level WC and wash hand basin.
Upstairs you will find the two bedrooms and family bathroom off a main landing. Also off the landing you will find a storage cupboard and the access hatch for the loft. Both bedrooms are double size and feature pale grey carpeting and are finished in neutral colours.
Lounge / Kitchen / Diner
2 designated parking spaces
Gas central heating
Pets allowed – with permission
One of Cornwall’s oldest towns, Bodmin has had its fair share of trail blazing moments. The Cornish Rebellion started here in 1497 when 15,000 Cornishmen marched on London. It was in Bodmin that the pretender to the English throne Perkin Warbeck was proclaimed King Richard IV in the same year, and another uprising in 1549 saw Bodmin at the centre of the Prayer Book Rebellion.
Today the town is somewhat more tranquil and its imposing granite buildings reflect the town’s importance during the tin mining boom in the 19th century and its position as the former administrative centre of Cornwall. A quick walk around Bodmin reveals the old county courtroom which is now a unique visitor attraction, the imposing and eerie county jail, renowned for its ghosts, and the 15th Century church of St Petroc, the largest parish church in the county.
Affordable – Shared Ownership
You can scale your portion of the purchase to suit your budget and rent the remaining share.
The minimum percentage share prices will be discussed individually, following an affordability assessment – if eligible for a property.
Rent calculated on % share – £/per calendar month
“Local Connection” Means a connection with the Town or County as appropriate and demonstrated by that person or a member of their household to the reasonable satisfaction of the Council:
- Being permanently resident therein for a continuous period of at least 12 months prior to Advertising and that residence is of their own choice; or
- Being formally permanently resident therein for a continuous period of five (5) years; or
- Having his or her place of work (normally regarded as 16 hours or more a week and not including seasonal employment) therein immediately prior to advertising; or
- Having a connection through a close family member (normally mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter) where the family member is currently resident therein and has been for a continuous period of at least five (5) years immediately prior to advertising; or
- Being in such other special circumstances which the council considers requires the applicant to reside therein as appropriate and which is consistent with the council’s Cornwall Homechoice policy as amended from time to time.
Register your interest