Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Tips on Carbon Monoxide

gas servicing 2011 72dpi

Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning can be caused when fumes from the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels i.e. gas, oil, and solid fuels (wood and coal) are inhaled. In other words when you breath in half-burnt fuels.

To reduce the risk of poisoning:

  • Help us to ensure that annual safety checks are carried out to heating appliances and CO alarms in your home.
  • Help us to arrange access to your home so we can carry out our annual checks.
  • If you find anything wrong with your appliances report it.
  • Do not tamper with appliances.
  • Ensure that rooms with solid fuel appliances i.e. wood and coal, are well ventilated when in use.
  • If you have a chimney or a flue, make sure that it’s not blocked up and that air vents are open.

More Information

For more information on Carbon Monoxide, visit our Gas Safety page.

Icon online form sml Gas Safety

Report it

If you’re CO alarm goes off or you suspect a faulty appliance:

  1. Turn off your gas supply or oil-fired boiler, or extinguish your solid fuel fire

  2. Open the windows

  3. Do not touch any appliances until it has been checked by a registered engineer.

If the appliance was installed by Ocean, please report it to Ocean’s Customer Services. However, if you have had the appliance installed yourself, you will need to contact a registered engineer.

Icon online form sml Report it to Ocean

Icon online form sml Gas Safe Registered Engineers

Leave a Reply

Information and advice about Coronavirus (COVID-19)Read more
+ +