Report Anti-Social Behaviour to Ocean Housing
We will encourage customers to resolve matters with their neighbours where it is safe and appropriate do so.
We will only become involved in matters where we are satisfied our intervention is appropriate and may resolve the issue(s), and there is no agency better placed to respond and we will not deal with matters where we don’t consider this to be the case.
Please note that if the behaviour is one of the issues below then we would not consider it to be Anti-Social Behaviour and will not be able to help:-
- A difference in lifestyle
- Personal disputes (eg; over money)
- Minor neighbourhood disputes or actions (eg; staring)
- Children playing
- One-off, low risk and non-exceptional issues
- Disputes over parking where the spaces are not allocated or it is on the public highway
- Boundary issues
- Day-to-day household noise for example TV, music, radio, electrical items including washing machines and hoovers and DIY at reasonable hours
- BBQs and celebrations
- Cooking odours and reasonable household smells
- Minor car maintenance
- Reports that are not supported by evidence
Please note that although these are examples of behaviour we will not generally deal with as ASB, we know that sometimes repeated incidents which may not appear serious when treated in isolation, can have a significant impact on a complainant’s life.
Therefore, if these types of behaviours are persistent, deliberate and found to be having a harmful impact then please let us know and we will investigate the matter as ASB in line our policy.
Something else? Please continue