Meet Pete, the new Neighbourhood Services Officer covering West Cornwall including Grampound, Summercourt, Truro, Redruth, Camborne, Hayle and St Ives. Pete has worked in the housing sector on and off for many years.
Pete told us, “Before I joined Ocean, I worked for a housing organisation who housed people with additional support needs. I have gained a lot of knowledge which has prepared me for my new role. I am looking forward to meeting residents and the wider community to bring them together. Communication is key to bringing people together and making the area an enjoyable place to live. If you see me out and about on your estate, please come and introduce yourself.
In my spare time you will see me with my wife and two new puppies, Mouse and Coco, walking the many lovely beaches and visiting our favourite Cornish hot spots, probably with a pasty in hand.” Pete is here to help with any of the following:
- Provide guidance on the best way to manage your tenancy, look after your home and keep your garden well maintained
- Work with new tenants and also those leaving on how best to manage their home
- Partnership working with the police, local authorities and other agencies
- Offering advice and signposting if you need support
- Carrying out visits when you move into your new home to identify support needed
If you would like to discuss any issues with your Neighbourhood Services Officer or make an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org